Automated Forex Trading: Is It Worth Getting Into?
Automated Forex trading uses intelligent software to analyze market data, identify trading opportunities, and complete orders. It also offers considerable profit potential, especially for investors with adaptable trading strategies.
On trading days, global currency markets run on 24-hour schedules. Breaking news and other market-making events can also happen at any time. But Forex traders can use automated technologies to trade during their personal downtime—even while they’re asleep. As a result, they’re well-positioned to take immediate advantage of these developments, no matter when they occur.
Automated Forex trading offers many compelling advantages. However, not all automated trading platforms are created equal. So, perform careful research before selecting one. This guide offers tips, strategies, and best practices for getting started with automated currency trading.
How Does Automated Forex Trading Work?
The basics of automated currency trading are easy to understand. You choose a program or platform, and then configure it to execute trades when certain signals or market conditions occur. These platforms then make trades automatically, so you earn profits without taking any direct action beyond setting up and adjusting the platform’s trading parameters.
Automated trading platforms are popular with individual investors like day traders and retail traders. Similar platforms are also available for cryptocurrency trading, which is notorious for wild price swings. Though volatile, cryptocurrency markets offer enormous profit potential. With the right techniques and technologies, you can position yourself to cash in on major market movements.
All automated Forex trading platforms use signals to detect trading opportunities. Examples of market signals include:
- Spread Discrepancies: The “spread” is the difference between the ask price and the bid price for a certain currency pair. If one brokerage has a broader spread than another, traders can pounce by taking advantage of the difference to earn easy profits.
- Price Trends: Price trends describe consistent upward or downward movements in currency pair pricing over a set time. Trends create a kind of trading momentum known as price persistence, in which tradable asset values tend to continue moving in an established direction.
- Breaking News: Geopolitical events, economic data releases, and many other types of breaking news can have an immediate impact on currency prices.
Forex trading software automatically analyzes these and other market signals. It will then instantly place buy or sell orders when certain signals occur or when specific market conditions are met.
Executing Trades With Forex Software
Trade execution processes occur automatically. When you set up your software, you can identify specific criteria to define conditions under which you want the trading platform to place a buy or sell order. When the parameters you identify are met, the software will automatically complete the trade without requiring any further action from you.
Benefits of Automated Forex Trading
Automated Forex trading makes it easy to implement a disciplined trading strategy and stick to it. Discipline can be a problem for both new and experienced Forex traders. But with automated platforms, you’ll avoid second-guessing and the missed opportunities that can accompany “analysis paralysis.”
Removing the human element from trading in favor of automation brings several other benefits as well. For instance:
- Increased Efficiency: Traders can use automated platforms to execute orders at instant speed. This added efficiency helps investors maximize their profits when dynamic factors impact price movements.
- Removing Emotion From Trading Decisions: Emotional reactions to both positive and negative market movements often lead to suboptimal trading decisions. Automated platforms make it easier for traders to overcome their emotions and base their activity on technical fundamentals rather than knee-jerk reactions.
- Strategic Consistency: Sticking to a specific trading strategy tends to yield the most favorable results over time. Automated software helps investors avoid the temptation to abandon established strategies and chase market trends that may detract from their goals.
- Stronger Risk Management: Traders can use automated platforms to establish firm stop-loss orders and other parameters based on predetermined risk analysis. The platform will respond as ordered without any further intervention, which can limit losses when the markets go against the trader.
- Round-the-Clock Activity: Automated Forex trading platforms don’t sleep, eat, or have day jobs or social lives. All they do is trade, and you can use them to execute your trading strategies 24 hours a day.
Best Practices for Selecting Automated Forex Trading Software
Traders have a broad range of automated Forex trading tools at their disposal. To choose the right one, closely assess the platform’s compatibility with your trading style and goals. The following tips can help you find the automated Forex trading platform that makes the best possible match:
Assess Your Needs
Different platforms have different strengths. Some are designed for beginners. Others are replete with advanced, precision features. You can also get platforms with specialized features for particular types of currency trading, such as cryptocurrencies and exotic currency pairs.
Identify exactly what platform features will most closely match your trading style and strategies, then seek out options with strong support for those features.
When it comes to automated trading platforms, social proof is huge. Check authoritative and reliable user-generated reviews of any platform you’re considering. Look for evidence of reliability, strong and accurate performance, and the availability of technical and service support.
When performing your cost analysis, look at more than just the immediate expenses associated with platform purchases or subscriptions. Check to see how much trades cost when executed over the platform. If you’re highly active, these costs could have a major impact on your bottom line.
Take It for a Test Drive
Trustworthy providers typically offer users the chance to try out the platform before buying. Demos sometimes come with limited functionality. Still, you’ll be able to get a clear idea of how smoothly the platform runs and whether it’s a good match for your trading needs.
Want to Become a Professional Forex Trader?
Automated Forex trading platforms offer a long list of helpful functions, tools, and features that help traders earn more consistent payouts. If you want to become a professional Forex trader, these platforms can help you build experience while still operating with important guardrails and risk management practices in place.
When you’re ready to take the next step toward a funded trading career, connect with Fortunes Funding. Take a one-phase or two-phase challenge, hit your payout targets, get a virtual funded demo account, and start trading.
A fortune awaits you. Trade our capital up to $500,000Start Challenge